When someone we love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a cherished blessing to be kept in our hearts forever. When the loss of a loved one occurs, we each experience our grief in a deeply personal way.
Saying goodbye to a loved one can be difficult and painful, but meaningful rituals often provide comfort. Whether religious or secular, traditional or contemporary, a ritual ceremony is a spiritual and meaningful beginning to the healing process, confirming the significance of your loved one’s life and the relationship you shared.
Funerals, memorial services, and celebration of life services can serve the following purposes:
- Confirm the reality and finality of death.
- Provide a climate for mourning and the expression of grief.
- Allow the sorrows of one to become the sorrows of many.
- Enable the community to pay its respect.
- Encourage the affirmation of religious faith.
- Celebrate the life that has been lived.
- Encourage people to give love without expecting something in return.
How I Can Help
I assist you in planning and implementing a meaningful ritual ceremony which can be personalized and individualized with family and/or friend participation by:
- Delivering eulogies or tributes, sharing interesting and humorous anecdotes about your loved one.
- Displaying photos, either individually or in an album.
- Displaying memorabilia or other items relevant to the life of your loved one.
- Playing music (either live or recorded), especially favorite songs.
- Reading prayers, poems, or other readings relevant to your loved one’s life or personality.
- Rituals performed by members of organizations or fraternal groups of which your loved one was a member.
A meaningful service honoring the memory of your loved one may be held in the venue of your choice, such as:
- Funeral chapel
- House of worship
- Non-denominational public space
- Private space of your choice
I officiate at:
- Celebration of Life ceremonies
- Gravestone dedications
- Interfaith funerals
- Jewish funerals
- Non-denominational or non-religious services
- Memorial services